What is the chief end of man?
Man's chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy Him forever.
- Q.1 Westminster Shorter Catechism
If my main purpose in life is to glorify God and to enjoy Him forever, why did I title this blog "Glorifying and Enjoying Him...Today''? Forever just sounds overwhelming to me. I thrive off of very small goals. I do understand that I cannot glorify or enjoy Him for even one millisecond with out Him first loving me (I John 4:19). But I figure if each morning I wake up trusting that His mercies are new every morning, I have a fresh start and another shot at glorifying and enjoying Him even more than I did the day before. AND if I string each of these "today's" together like a strand of pearls in the end it will add up to forever.
(Mary Kathryn 5 weeks old)
This concept of "new every morning" has been so freeing to me the past few weeks. Being Mommy is a non-stop adventure....sometimes there is no definitive beginning or end to my days. No matter what time my day starts (1:30am, 4:30am or 7am) there is a fresh helping of mercy and grace just waiting for me. Because my Lord has given me this sweet gift I can in turn give my family a large serving of grace each morning. I no longer need to carry the burden of yesterday into today.
(Levi has the craziest bed head)
"The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23
No comments:
Post a Comment