I have always loved journaling and scrapbooking. As a teenager and throughout college I would crawl into bed early (9'ish) to write and decorate fancy pages before I fell asleep. It was my "Me" time. I looked forward to it every day. After marrying this dashing young man who is a night owl and has a love for late night movies and ice cream my "Me" time became "Us" time.
(May 2005 honeymooning in Maya Riviera, Mexico)
A little more than six and a half years have past and LOTS has happened, but we have stayed the same ;)
Through the years I have attempted to keep up with my journaling and I have purchased scrapbook materials thinking that would motivate me. I even started this blog about 5 years ago, in an attempt to document some of our fun adventures as young married coupled. We had some big changes and I let it go...
But now I have these super cute munchkins as my motivation to make recording our memories a priority. One day these guys ask me all kinds of questions about their childhood and I will need these pictures and stories to jog my memory. Though there is something so special and real about writing it all out on paper, I have come to the conclusion if I haven't made it happen in the last 7 years of marriage it's just not gonna happen. So I am embracing technology and praising the Lord that it is His gift to me, so that I can quickly and diligently record sweet memories of my family.



1 comment:
Yay! Love you guys and can't wait to keep up with you on your blog!
Post a Comment