
I'm a little late on posting about this race since this was 2 weeks ago, but it's a good story. This race was very special to for several reasons...I got the run it with my Dad, how cool is that? We ran the whole thing side by side. I always start out pretty slow especially when it is 50 degrees out like it was that morning, and Daddy stayed right in front of me. If he had taken off I would have probably slowed WAY down. But he pushed me through the burning throat and lungs. By mile #2 I was right there with him. I knew we were making pretty good time b/c we did mile #1 in a little over 8 min and mile #2 in about 9. So I knew even if we slowed down we had 13 min to finish in 30 min. I had run the course before so I knew where I was going, but Dad had no clue. So I tried to tell him what was ahead and I reminded him that we end on a hill, so it wasimportant not to bust it too soon. Well I did forget that there were 2 other hills before that last one. Ya! BIG surprise. We made it through the 2 surprises and then the adrenaline kicked in on that last hill and I took off. I felt bad to leave him behind, but I kept going. I knew it would push him. And it did we were right at the finish line neck and neck. The thoughts running through both of our heads was should I let him/her finish first. But being the nice Daddy he is he let me finish first. That competition at the end really pushed me and we finished in 27:21 and 27:22. I was SO excited I had beaten my fastest time by nearly 1 and a half minutes!!! This was the first "Me and Dad" adventure we have had together in a long time. I was sad that Josh couldn't be there b/c of work but it was really sspecial to run it with my Daddy. Thanks, Dad, for the competion and the great run together. I'll see at the Reindeer Run in Anderson on December 9th, your birthday!!! I'll let you finish first this time. =)
1 comment:
how fun!!
i hate that i missed that one!
Post a Comment