Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My Own Little Spot


 It's not very often I have something I get to call my very own. My whole world is shared with my 3 favorite people. What was once the breakfast table is now my very own sewing and crafting nook!

This little set of drawers is my favorite item on the table.  It was Momma's and she asked if I'd like to have it.  Each time I open the drawers I smile as the memories of watching her sew just pop right out...handing and collecting her pins, ironing for her, the smell of the machine as when it gets hot, and the sound of the scissors on the table as she cut out her pattern. 

 
My first project was cloth napkins.  The paper napkin holder has been replaced with this cute bucket and these happy colors.  Momma said I needed to practice making bobbins, threading the machine, and different stiches, so I changed my thread with each new set. 

Project #2 was a pillow case dress!  It's far from perfect...a little short and the hem stitching resmebles the curvy mountain road we take to get our Christmas tree...but it's wearable! 

5 comments:

Musings from the heart said...

Such a sweet spot to call your own yet make items to share with others:-) Many happy moments to you in your own little spot!

Musings from the heart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly Hall said...

So cute, Aubrey! I like the dress!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I'm so proud of your handiwork Aubrey, and excited to see your next project! Hugs, Momma

Anonymous said...

Bella loves your model!