Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Springwater Festival

This Saturday is the big Springwater Festival in Williamston...There will be the car show and you can ride in the old-timey fire truck. Bascially it will be the gathering of all the hillbillies from the surrounding towns like Opossum Kingdom, Pelzer, Cheddar, Slab Town, Belton, Grove Station, and Piedmont. You probably have never even heard of these places (except for maybe Pelzer b/c of the light people)...Ya, I had not either until I moved to Williamston. All of this to tell you I will be running my very first race this Saturday at the Springwater Run. I am pretty exctied and VERY nervous. I thought about running in it on my own, but I chickened out. But then..

A few weeks ago I found this little gym to work out at called Dottie's Body Shop. Yesterday I went to join and Dottie, the owner, sucked me in to running with them. They have a group of girls running in it, but no one in my age group (20-24). So I met up with them last night and we ran the route (there are some major hills), well I was last but I did finished. It was pretty humbling to be beat by 50 year old ladies. =) I have no idea what a "good time" is but I ran it last night in 30 min and 9 sec. Marie, is that an OK time? What do you usually run??

I don't think 4 days b/f the race is when you are supposed to start training, but we'll see how it goes. And I think I may try for the Midnight Flight next Friday...I've got to talk to Josh b/c I think that one is like $30.00 to run in. I really think that they should pay me to run...I must be crazy to pay money to run. Hopefully I'll get a cool shirt and then it will just be the most expensive t-shirt I've ever bought. Still sounds crazy!

I'll let you know how it goes...pray that I don't sleep through it. It starts at 7:45 am and I love to sleep late on Saturdays. Gotta Run!!!

3 comments:

~marie said...

WOW!!!!!!! i am SO excited for you!!
i wish i could come!
and YES THAT IS A GREAT TIME if you ask me! because i have never run a race in less than 30:30. it usually takes me 31 minutes or more and i've been running for months! you will be kicking my butt if you run the midnight flight! i hope you will! tell josh i will make a $5.00 donation towards your fee-i'm serious! lots of folks from NewCov are running it and i'd love to see you there too :)-even if you DO beat me!

Mary Bell said...

Aub!!! Have fun running!!! I will contribute $5 too!!!

so glad you are blogging now!! i am going to see katia this weekend, I will give her a hug for you! Hey to josh!

love, mary

~Hope~ said...

Hey Aub! I hope your run went well. Let me know how it went. I hope you have a great day.

Love ya